Virtually any excavation job that involves existing utilities:
- Underground utility location verification
- Advanced pre-job surveying and utility mapping
- Vault cleaning
- Manhole and catch basin cleaning
- Debris removal
Vacuum excavation utilizes the kinetic energy of a high velocity air stream to penetrate, expand and break-up soil. Loose soil and rocks are then removed from the hole through the use of a very powerful vacuum. This technique is typically used to create a hole one to two feet square and as deep as required to expose the buried utility.
Vacuum cannot move large rocks and boulders greater than 12” in diameter.
- No risk to existing utilities
- More productive than open pit/backfill methods
- Clean and self-contained
- Compact applications